Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good Friday in Malawi

Good Friday, a holiday observed primarily by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Golgotha (Calvary).  In Malawi, Roman Catholics and Anglicans commerated the day in a spiritual walk known as the Way of the Cross involving 14 stations.

The holiday is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday, and often coincides with the Jewish observance of Passover.



Auxiliary Bishop Montfort Sitima leads the procession in the Way of the Cross along Highway to Limbe Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment


Took this picture of children in Milange, Mozambique admiring visiting Malawian children

Tracing footsteps to lead me home

Greetings from the Warm Heart Africa, Malawi.

I'm a Malawian journalist who grew up in many countries including South Africa, Belgium, then West Germany, UK, Washington DC and New York in the US and I love New York.

Trying to come up with the production of my life and by compiling some of my 1000 poems into a book called ‘Tracing Footsteps’ to lead me Home with excellent photography.

I also plan to film award winning documentaries based on the history of this ancient land called Malawi and the mysteries of Sapitwa and the Sirius star.

.....watch this space.


Pages