Friday, December 13, 2013

Africa I cry for you My Beloved Motherland

Oh I cry for you, surroundings trapped
By forces from afar, the Forbidden Land
The winds blow revealing secrets
Of those bones long gone lasting memories

My beloved Africa, my home, my motherland
A vision of Hope, Truth, probable possibilities
Roaming I collapse at the pitiful sight
Brother against brother, blood against blood

A stranger I am in my motherland
Sympathy I have not of these fallen walls
Abuse of Freedom for own greed
Rejected, humiliated, losing all needs

Where is home I wonder my Africa?
Those days I long for, to be free in Unity
To unknown pastures ignoring boundaries
All left, past never ending miseries

Pathetic tears continuously flow
Puddles providing necessary clues
Sorting out, trying to find answers
Solutions to solve these many problems 



Unpublished poem written by Agnes Mizere when she was 16 and I recently took the photo using a toy digital camera in Thyolo

No comments:

Post a Comment


Took this picture of children in Milange, Mozambique admiring visiting Malawian children

Tracing footsteps to lead me home

Greetings from the Warm Heart Africa, Malawi.

I'm a Malawian journalist who grew up in many countries including South Africa, Belgium, then West Germany, UK, Washington DC and New York in the US and I love New York.

Trying to come up with the production of my life and by compiling some of my 1000 poems into a book called ‘Tracing Footsteps’ to lead me Home with excellent photography.

I also plan to film award winning documentaries based on the history of this ancient land called Malawi and the mysteries of Sapitwa and the Sirius star.

.....watch this space.


Pages